Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Aligned (Vol. 1) by Ella Miles w/ Interview


Title: Aligned
Author: Ella Miles
Series: Aligned (Vol 1)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: Nov 8 2015
Edition/Formats: eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis:
He’s an arrogant complication.
I don’t care if Landon Davis has sold millions of records. I don’t care that his damn crooked grin makes my panties wet.
I can’t want him.
I should be mourning, but I can’t. I just need him gone. Then I can align the chaos floating in my head.

——
She has a f*cking boyfriend.
I’ve seen the picture of them together. But Alex Blakely still wants me. And who am I not to oblige when her body is begging for me?
I need one night to own her body.

I should be focused on getting my career out of the gutter. I’ll take one night first. Then I’ll be gone. 


I release her mouth and start to nibble on her neck. She screams as I do. So sensitive to my every touch. I trail my kisses down her neck to the peaks poking out of her dress. She moans again as I massage her breasts. I grin as I pull her lips back into my mouth. “I love screamers.”
She breathes heavily. “I …” I kiss her neck again letting another scream escape her lips. “… am not …” But she grins as she groans loudly when I tease her nipple beneath the thin fabric of her dress.
I see the wicked gleam in her eyes when she gets an idea. She grabs my hard cock beneath my jeans, massaging it roughly. I groan loudly from the unexpected touch. God, I want to take her right here on the beach. She pushes my shirt up needing to feel my skin against hers. She kisses up my abs to my chest as I moan at her warm kisses. I growl into a loud scream when she bites down on my shoulder, tasting me. “Good thing I love screamers too,” she teases back.
I toss her onto her back pressing my own body hard on top of her, ready to retaliate the pain she just caused me. She squeals again as I squeeze her nipple hard. “You don’t play fair,” she moans.
“Playing by the rules is never fun.”






Amazon Kindle
Amazon Print 





Your name here, Name of the book or series you are promoting here?
Ella Miles            Aligned Series

Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. And now live in Denver, Colorado. I have moved over ten times in my life.

What or who inspired you to write?  And how long have you been writing?
Colleen Hoover inspired me to write. After reading her books a little over a year ago I knew that’s what I wanted to do. I wanted to write romances. I have been writing ever since.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
My most recent books is Maybe Yes. Kinsley Felton has everything except confidence in her own decision making due to a mistake from her past. To keep everything she’s ever known she has to marry a complete stranger.

I love reading the warnings on the blurbs for many books. If you could write a warning label for yourself as a person or an author, what would it say?
Warning: Shy writer that loves reading, drinking Dr. Pepper, and running. Do not disturb before 8:00 am or be prepared for moodiness.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?
Most of my characters take bits and pieces from all sorts of people I have met in my life, but none of the characters I have written so far are based on one particular person. And some of the smaller events in the book are based on real events in my life. For example there is a scene in Maybe Never where Killian can’t get the key card to work in his hotel room. That hotel and event is based on an experience I had in the same hotel in Marysville Kansas when I was doing my clinical rotations there for occupational therapy school.

 Do you have plans for a new book?  
I am always thinking about ideas for my next book. I don’t have any specific plans except I would like to write a standalone novel next.

Who designed the cover of your book?
Hang Le did an awesome job designing the cover.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Ireland. I did a study abroad trip based in Sligo, Ireland when I was in college and fell in love.

What books have most influenced your writing most and why?
Books by Colleen Hoover, Pepper Winters, Laurelin Paige, and JA Huss. They all write books I love to read and would love to write books that inspire others to write just like they have inspired me.
           
What can we expect from you in the future?  i.e. More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
Definitely more romance books. I love romance, but I could see myself branching out into other genres as long as their was an element of romance to the story. So maybe young adult, mystery, or thrillers.

What do you do to unwind and relax?
I go running with my 3 year old black lab or I curl up with a romance novel.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
I’m currently reading Pepper Winter’s Unseen Messages in ebook format.

Do you write under a pen name?
Yes I write under a pen name. Ella Miles is not my real name, but I chose the pen name because it meant something to me. I chose Ella because my favorite book as a child was Ella Enchanted. And Miles after my husband.

Just For Fun

Cats or dogs?
Dogs

White Wine or Red?
Both

Coffee or Tea?
Tea

Favorite Food?
Anything Mexican

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream?
Chocolate

Laptop or Desktop for Writing? Or Old School Pen and Paper?
Laptop

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
Morning and office

List 3 of your all-time favorite books?
Ella Enchanted by Gail Levine
Harry Potter by JK Rowling
The Fixed Series by Laurelin Paige

List 3 of your all-time favorite movies?
Ever After
Save the Last Dance
Pretty Woman

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
Downton Abbey


Ella Miles writes sexy romance with strong females that could kick your butt if you piss them off, which they often do to the men that fall for them. She's currently living her own happily ever after near the Rocky Mountains with her high school sweetheart husband. Her heart is also taken by her goofy two year old black lab that is scared of everything, including her own shadow. Ella is the author of the Aligned Series and Maybe Series. Get her free books by visiting her website: EllaMiles.com/freebooks













Twitter @AuthorEllaMiles



No comments:

Post a Comment