Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

The ArcKnight Chronicles by: Alexia Purdy w/ Interview


 Title: the ArcKnight Chronicles
 Author: Alexia Purdy
 Series: the ArcKnight Chronicles (Books 1 & 2)
 Genre: Paranormal/Shifter/Romance
 Release Date: Oct 22 2015
 Edition/Formats: eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis:

 Vengeance is the only thing worth dying for.

Only love can save you.
Teaming up with a handsome shifter named Ephrem, the banished Princess Lilliana must find her stolen Ardent talisman before a sinister enemy uses it against both rival wolf pack strongholds. Thrown onto a path neither of them expected, they stumble across a third cell of supernatural shifters lurking in the city’s Outlands where tensions mount. These new strangers want nothing more than to disrupt the two royal strongholds, the ArcKnights and the MarkTiers, and reignite a long-forgotten feud from decades past.
In the treacherous City of Temple where supernaturals and humans intertwine, only the most cunning will survive.
Includes Books #1 Ardent & #2 MarkTier


“My Lady, I cannot leave you here alone. It’s not safe.”
I whipped my eyes open and glared at him. “I told you I was banished. You can stop with the formalities and get. I don’t have time to waste on a pathetic royal guard. Especially a MarkTier. I'm okay on my own.”
“If you come with me, I know a safe place where you can get out of the rain and get warm.”
I laughed. It came out more hysterical than I intended, but I was not in a mood to keep it together any longer. The fact that he offered me any shelter at all, most likely his home, was gracious, yet the knowledge that it was most likely on ArcKnight territory made the offer even more bittersweet. I was banished not only from the royal ArcKnight palace but from lingering on any of the pack’s territories, which included a substantial chunk of the city.
I was truly alone now.
“You’d be punished for harboring a non-citizen… a traitor like me. I can’t. You know I can’t.”
He held out his hand. It glistened with water, for he was soaked to the bone, just like me. The cold rain didn’t affect him at all. I was the one shivering and on the verge of hypothermia, and yet he waited patiently.
“It’s beyond the ArcKnight border. I promise.” His eyes gleamed in the momentary moonlight sneaking past the storm clouds above. They were breathtaking and unusual. I’d never seen another shifter with eyes like his.
It may be beyond the ArcKnight stronghold, but they weren’t the only pack ruling the city.
“But the MarkTiers….”
“They have no jurisdiction there either.”
Staring at him in disbelief, I let my eyes linger on his for an eternal moment. His offer brought more questions to my mind than anything else. Even so, there was something there that held me in a trance and beckoned me to follow. Taken in by that hypnotizing cobalt sea, I reached out, accepted his hand and let him lead me through the murky city paths I’d never trodden, deeper into the unknown.
This place was now my new home, and it was nothing but strange and frightening.
But what choice did I have?
~Lily & Ephrem - The ArcKnight Chronicles















Alexia Purdy – The ArcKnight Chronicles Vol. 1

Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Navajoa, Sonora Mexico but I grew up in the states and call Las Vegas, NV home.

What or who inspired you to write?  And how long have you been writing?
I loved reading in first grade, they thought I couldn’t speak because I was extremely shy and tossed me into a special class. All they did was read. It was so fun but I got kicked out because I didn’t need the class. I’ve been writing since then, mostly short little stories up to high school, where I began longer stories. I just wanted to create stories to get lost in like the ones I loved to read when I was little.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I considered myself a writer when I completed my first actual novel and got it self published. It was quite a learning experience, but one I have never regretted.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
My most recent book is Enmity (The ArcKnight Chronicles #3) – Shifters, gargoyles and royal mayhem in the city of Temple where the supernaturals rule and magic reigns.
I love reading the warnings on the blurbs for many books. 

If you could write a warning label for yourself as a person or an author, what would it say?
This gal has a two second memory, always strives to stay positive, and is the goofiest jingle singing, soda addict this side of the page. Towing four kids along who keep her super crazy, busy, and caffeine craving, Alexia’s ability to stay awake for days writing out of this world fiction should be considered a super power. That is… until she crashes and burns needing a nap but recovers quickly so she can write more words and pack in the stories for people to get lost into. If that’s not superhero status, I don’t know what is.

If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
Oh they wouldn’t shut up really. I think from my latest book “Enmity” one character named Ephrem would probably shake me wondering why he has to go through all the crap I put him through. He’s a gentle soul surrounded by chaos, death, and challenges. He’d say: “Give a freaking break already!”

Which character speaks the loudest, to you? Do any of them clamor to be heard over the others?
April from my Reign of Blood series gets the loudest but she’s not the chattiest. I’d say Benton from my Dark Faerie Tale series harasses me the most. His snarky comments always seem to sneak into my head at the most inopportune times. He’s my favorite character of them all.

Do your characters try to make like bunnies and create ever more convoluted plots for you? Or do you have to coax them out of your characters?
YES! I always think I know where the plots are going when I start, but they constantly change and never end up near what I thought it would be like in the end. It’s truly character driven and that’s what I get since I don’t really plot out novels, I just write what comes to me from the characters as I jot it down. It’s quite new to me when it all happens and never disappoints but rather shocks me every single time.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?
I try not to base characters on people I know. I do give them some quirks from people I know, but most of the time, they are their own people. They truly are unique voices and I couldn’t really say they resemble anyone I know when the story is written and done because they are too ‘real’ in my head for that.


Title: Ardent
 Series: the ArcKnight Chronicles (Book 1)
 Genre: Shifter Paranormal Romance
 Release Date: Oct 22 2015
 Edition/Formats: eBook
 Blurb/Synopsis:

Vengeance is the only thing worth dying for.
 Teaming up with a handsome rival named Ephrem, the banished Princess Lilliana must find her stolen Ardent talisman before a sinister enemy uses it against both rival wolf pack strongholds, intertwining the destinies of the two would-be lovers.












 Title: MarkTier
 Series: the ArcKnight Chronicles (Book 2)
 Genre: Shifter Paranormal Romance
 Release Date: Oct 22 2015
 Edition/Formats: eBook
 Blurb/Synopsis:
Only love can save you…
Freed from the bonds of royalty forever, Lily must adjust to life in the treacherous city of Temple. With the handsome prince Ephrem by her side, she inadvertently stumbles upon a third cell of supernatural shifters lurking in the city’s Outlands, but they aren’t part of any wolf pack she’s ever known. Tensions mount when these new strangers impede on the two royal strongholds and reignite a long-forgotten feud from decades past.










Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada - Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She is the award-winning author of the Reign of Blood series and A Dark Faerie Tale Series.
Sign up for email updates and exclusive giveaways: http://eepurl.com/uJk9r















Facebook Fan Page Alexia Purdy
Facebook Fan page  A Dark Faerie Tale Series
 Facebook Fan Page Reign of Blood Series



A Dark Fairy Tale Series
      The Withering Palace 0.1
Legends of Fire 6 Coming

Reign of Blood Series
      Elijah 3.5

The Fall of Sky Series

The ArcKnight Chronicles
The ArcKnight Chronicles Set {Books 1 & 2}

Stand Alone Titles





1 comment:

  1. Thank You for hosting and sharing the ArcKnight Chronicles by Alexia Purdy with your followers

    ReplyDelete