Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Desires' Guardian by: Tempeste O'Riley w/ Guest Post



Title: Desires’ Guardian  
Author: Tempeste O’Riley
Series:  Desires Entwined, #2
Genre: M/M Erotic Romance, with lite BDSM/Kink
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: June 6 2014
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook, Print
Blurb/Synopsis:
 Most people see Chase Manning as the party-boy twink he seems on the surface. Only James, Chase’s BFF, knows the depth of his loyalty and the extent of the wounds Chase carries inside. When Chase meets Rhys Sayer things don’t go well, but he can’t shake his attraction to the huge, sexy man.
Rhys is a man of contradictions and fear—a strange combination for a PI and bodyguard. He’s in a bad place emotionally when he sets eyes on Chase for the first time. When Chase puts the moves on him, Rhys insults him, thwarting any possibility of a relationship. Rhys doesn’t see himself as a complicated man, but he dreads the very kind of connection he desires.

Just as they’re trying to overcome their uncertainties, Chase is put in harm’s way. Luckily Rhys and their friends have all the right talents to help Rhys save the man of his dreams.


“Rules?” Rhys asked, and then laughed. When Chase merely nodded, he sobered and leaned forward. “You’re serious?”
With another nod, he began his short list. “My name or a pet name if you prefer, but no previous lover’s name. Ever. Punctuality is a must. If you can’t make it, let me know. Oh, and I don’t share.”
“Anything else?” Rhys asked, the look on his face a cross between amusement and confusion.
Chase thought about it for a moment. Was there? “Nope,” he said and smiled. “You?”
Rhys shook his head. “I’ve never had anyone give me rules before.”
Chase’s cell rang, drawing his attention. He held up one finger, pulled it out, and checked the screen. James? Clicking the accept button, he answered, “Hey, hun? Aren’t you and stud-boy supposed to be in bed, not coming up for air for the next week or something? What’s up?”
“I’ve got a five-minute reprieve,” James quipped, his voice bubbly and happy as Chase hadn’t heard it before. “But I had to call you to let you know our news!”
“It’s Sunday. What possible news could you have?” Did neither man know what a honeymoon was for?
“Yeah, well, we only just got the news that Danni’s grandparents dropped the custody suit. Finally. Seth is over the moon happy, as am I.”
The rustling of cloth and murmuring in the background distracted Chase for a moment, but then what Jamie said sank in. “Wait, dropped as in no more courts, social services, et cetera?”
“Yep! Can’t believe it. It’s been so long we’ve been fighting to keep our little girl, and now they decided to drop the suit.” James’s voice dropped to a whisper as he continued. “Wish I could adopt her, but Wisconsin won’t allow gay second-parent adoptions.”
“I know, but this is great news. When you get back, we’ll all have to go out to celebrate!”
Someone tapped Chase on the shoulder, startling him out of the conversation. He blinked and looked up to see Rhys leaning over the table. “What’s going on? What was dropped?”
“Hold on, Jamie,” he said. “The custody battle for Danni, that’s what. Isn’t that great?”
Rhys jumped out of his seat so fast, Chase lost track for a moment. He scooped Chase up in his arms and swung him around. “Yes! That’s wonderful.”
“You wanna put me down now?” he asked, thrilled for James, Seth, and Danni. He was secretly pleased at how easily Rhys could pick him up, even if the coffee shop wasn’t the best place for such actions.
“Oh, sorry.” Rhys set him on his feet before returning to his seat, grinning the whole way. His cell was out before he managed to get butt to chair.
“Is that Rhys?” James asked.
“Yeah,” he sighed. “We grabbed coffee and a snack and were talking when you called. He’s telling Dal and who knows who else.”
“Great! We’ll call a few more people, but I really want to focus on my husband.” James laughed, then sighed. “Still can’t believe he’s really my husband.”
“I know, but he is, and I’m so freaking happy for you. Now, go sex your man, or let him sex you. However that works for you two, and enjoy your time away. You deserve to be happy.”
“So do you, Chase,” James countered.
“I am,” he snapped. He took a breath, annoyed with his outburst.
“Chase? What’s wrong? I thought things were good with you and Rhys.”
“They are. Forget I said that?”
James laughed loudly. “Just promise to be careful and talk to him. I still don’t know what set you off last time, but I really do think he’d be good for you. And you for him.”
“I know, and I’ll try. Now, shoo. Go do sexy things while we finish our rules listings and I get more caffeine.”
“Yes, dear, go give your obligatory prayers to the Goddess Caffeina. Love you.”
“Love you too,” he replied, then clicked “end.” Chase waited while Rhys finished his call, then grinned.
“Looks like today is a good day for the future, huh?” Rhys gave him a meaningful look, which Chase failed to ignore, making him squirm in his seat.
“Seems so. Now, did you have any rules to add?”
“Don’t think so.” He looked down at Chase’s empty cup and bare napkin. “You ’bout done?”
“Yeah. Scared you off already?” My rules shouldn’t bother him.
The deep, rumbling laugh soothed his suddenly tight nerves. “No, sweetheart. I thought we could go for a ride together. I know you rode your bike,” he continued, gesturing to the helmet on the seat beside him.
“Yeah, guess I did. Wait, you want to ride with me? On my bike?”
Rhys nodded and grinned. “It’s not as nice as my Softail, but it’s still a sweet bike. So yeah, why not?”
“Just surprised me. No need to get feisty.”
Rhys tended to their trash, and in moments they headed out the door and toward Chase’s metallic blue Sabre.








ARe
Amazon




How do you develop your writing ideas?
Honestly, it all depends on the story. In the case of "Desires' Guardian" Chase's story developed as a natural extention of writing "Designs of Desire," not that I'd intended to write more than the one book. But, between Rhys and Chase jumping off the page and some early readers demanding I write Chase, Rhys, and Dal's stories, the Desires Entwined world was born.
The story would be completely different though, as Chase is not what you think you see when you first read about him. His times of championing and defending James in "Designs of Desire" show that. But even before I ever started writing Chase and Rhys's story, Chase was fully fleshed out in my mind—from why he wears the double buckle wrist band to why he was single, even to why he always answers his phone... no matter what. His story demanded to be told.
In "Temptation of Desire" I wanted to give Dal, Rhys's brother, his happily-ever-after, but had to find just the right partner for the assumed straight man. But then, one should never assume such things, right? The inspiration for Alex is in part 'what would be the perfect match for Dal' and the fact there was a great deal of backlash and hurt over a couple of people I love being genderfluid (one my own child who is perfect just as is TYVM). I wanted to give love and hope to those like my child, those that don't fall into neat little boxes.
Then there are the times where inspiration is more of a challenge—Caged Sanctuary. I was challenged to write a BDSM story where one of the main characters (Dom or sub) was physically disabled in some way. Being new to the intricacies of dealing with using a wheelchair and all the frustrations not of the chair, but of others attitudes about me now that I'm in one. I used much of my own life when dealing with Kade's frustrations about how others see him. It's hard to be the person that no one sees as a person, but rather as the device you use to get around.
In short, real life is often the biggest inspiration for my stories. Things I've dealt with, things that have happened to those I'm close to, even new stories or shows/books can inspire, it all depends on what the idea brings from my demented little mind :D

Tempeste O’Riley is an out and proud pansexual gender fluid whose best friend growing up had the courage to do what she couldn’t–defy the hate and come out. He has been her hero ever since.
Tempe is a hopeless romantic that loves strong relationships and happily-ever-afters. Though new to writing M/M, she has done many things in her life, though writing has always drawn her back–no matter what else life has thrown her way. She counts her friends, family, and Muse as her greatest blessings in life. She lives in Wisconsin with her children, reading, writing, and enjoying life. Tempe is also a proud PAN member of Romance Writers of America®, Rainbow Romance Writers, and the WisRWA. Learn more about Tempeste and her writing at http://tempesteoriley.com.







Blog
DSP {Dreamspinner Press}
G+
Tumblr
Twitter
Website




Desires Entwined Series

Simple Desires (in Grand Adventures Anthology)
Bound by Desire (Free Read at ARe)
Truth in Lace (Amazon)

Standalones

Caged Sanctuary (Amazon)

Anthologies

Grand Adventures (Dreamspinner Press)



No comments:

Post a Comment