Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Transition: by K.A. Salidas Spotlight


Title:  Transition
 Author:  K.A. Salidas
Series:  Chronicles of the Uprising (#4)
Genre: Paranormal/Dystopian
Publisher:  Rising Sign Books LLC
Release Date:   Dec 15
Blurb/Synopsis:

Peace is just a breath between battles for Mira. Hardened by slavery and war, she longs for the simpler life, knowing that it might never be hers to enjoy. There is always another battle waiting to be fought, another foe on the horizon. Peace between humans and otherkin may be nothing more than a dream, but Mira holds out hope.
It is during this brief respite that Mira is gifted one of her greatest weapons. Though it brings with it memories of a time when she was not so jaded it also comes with a reminder of terrible pain and loss. Awakening deeply hidden emotions within her, If Mira can use this to her advantage, she’ll have a new ally in the next battle to come.

“Oh princess, you are cute… but leave the fighting and defense to the real warriors.” Justine said.
“I can fight.”
I’d barely seen her get up before my world turned sideways and I was sent crashing to the ground. She’d kicked the chair out from underneath me and before I could recover, she’d snapped the leg in two, pressed her knee down on my chest and cocked her arm back, ready to stab me with the shattered wood.
“Woah! What the hell!” I screamed. Neither Theo nor Marcel had gotten up to my aid. Were they really going to let her kill me?
“You can fight, right.” Justine glared at me.
Fight? I could hardly move, she was like a boulder on my chest and my ears rang so loudly from the fall. Head throbbing, I couldn’t even think of how to try and squirm away. “okay… point made.”
“You want to die? Fight me. Kill or be killed because I won’t hesitate to do it.”
She punctuated her words with a quick slash of the fragmented wood across my face. The sting of it snapped me out of fear and straight into rage. I tried to slam against her body with my arms and wriggle out from under her knee holding me to the ground but she would not budge. She tried to swipe me again and I reached up and grabbed hold of it. In the struggle to control the weapon, I gained enough leverage to slide out from under her weight. I rolled away as fast as I could but not before she sliced the back of my neck.
When I turned to face her, she threw a cocky grin at me. “You’d be dead if I wanted it.”
Point taken. “So teach me how to not be dead.”
“First lesson, do whatever it takes. You could have used a crotch shot, but you didn’t. You could have bit my leg, but you didn’t. You wiggled around and gave up. That’s going to get you killed. Be willing to fight dirty to stay alive.”




:Transition






Katie Salidas is a Super Woman! Endowed with special powers and abilities, beyond those of mortal women, she can get the munchkins off to gymnastics, cheerleading, Girl Scouts, and swim lessons.  She can put hot food on the table for dinner while assisting with homework, baths, and bedtime… And, she still finds the time to keep the hubby happy (nudge nudge wink wink). She can do all of this and still have time to write.
 And if you can believe all of those lies, there is some beautiful swamp land in Florida for sale…
Katie Salidas resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mother, wife, and author, she does try to do it all, often causing sleep deprivation and many nights passed out at the computer. Writing books is her passion, and she hopes that her passion will bring you hours of entertainment. 



:K.A. Salidas





No comments:

Post a Comment